Chats in this episode:
- Soundcloud download gates
- electronic press kits
- how to submit music to college radio stations
What do you do if you see a bear at a music festival?
Chico Mendez kicks off the first episode of music business podcast series CHATHAUS with cohost Jaclyn Adair.
Jaclyn chats about her busy festival season interviewing Sam Binga, Doctor Jeep, Anna Morgan and Thelem at Bass Coast. As Kermode’s manager, she shares trips n tricks of the trade for up and coming producers and DJs.
The episode opens with a clip from the unreleased DOPE HAUS Bass Coast 2017 Documentary. In the film, Chico Mendez describes the significance of her GREAZUS <3 U disc. A preview of the next Cloudface EP from Mood Hut follows after the break.
Vancouver asked for more gqom — DJ Scriby delivers a mix straight from Durban, South Africa. Cop the download in the Soundcloud link below.
How do you pronounce GQOM? Jaclyn and Chico have no idea. Teach us how at @dope_haus
Scriby x DOPE HAUS
DJ Scriby Lula sends this gqom mix straight from Durban, South Africa.
1. Black Coffee – I’m a Traveller
2. Culle Da Song – Nguwe lo
3. Emo-Kid ft Juicy – Thandekile
4. DJ SCRIBY – I’Gqom
5. DJ SCRIBY – TRAX COUTURE RIDDIM
6. DJ SCRIBY – NGUZUNGUZU
7. DJ Scriby – ASMARA KAYTRANADA
8. CLERMONT – Eskomplazi
9. S IYAHASHAKAa
10. Gqom – Couture
11. AFROBOYZ ft BIGNUZ – One Two Three
12. DR. MALINGA – Akulalek Mawunemali
13.AEXOMUSIC – QEH WOSH
14. WEST INK (Babes Wodumo ft Mampintsha) – Mercedes